Monday, May 28, 2007

Problem #3,295 with outsourcing

I'm not going to get in to a political debate about party vs party, or agenda vs agenda, I'm just going to rant about outsourcing, big companies and how they are giving me a headache.

Prior to our move, we had a PO box address. After we moved, we retained the PO box for a while and slowly began changing our bills over to the new address to do it in something resembling a controlled fashion so nothing would get missed. Or so we thought.

We changed one particular credit card last and decided to wait until after the holidays to change it... just in case. We haven't received a bill from them since March. We got a phone call today saying our card was past due. Why? Because we haven't received a bill!

Interestingly enough, when I was speaking to the person about the bill, she asked me to confirm my address since I claimed I hadn't received a bill. Now, I bet you are thinking that they didn't change the address, right? Umm, no, they changed it. To something not even close to what the old or new address is! They took our street number, made it a PO Box instead, didn't change the city, but changed the zip code!

I was not a happy camper. To make me even more unhappy, the person I was speaking to obviously did not speak English as her first language. Heck, I can't even say it was her second language as I had to slowly spell out the word "Old" for her. Twice. And then I demanded to talk to a CSR who speaks English in order to get these ridiculous late fees removed from our account.

Grrrr, good thing I am stressing prior to TTC or being pg. This would NOT be good for the baby.

No comments: