Sunday, August 19, 2007

A reason for defeat

Okay, so I'm a great one for rationalizing things. Rationalizing anything, really (which gives me a great excuse for POAS at a mere 9dpo).

The more I've been contemplating this last cycle, the more I've found a reason to be thankful it failed. As I've mentioned before, this is my fifth cycle, so that means I've had four previous, unsuccessful cycles. With that bit of information in mind, peruse the following quote from a website:

Another word for folic acid is folate. It's a vitamin in the B-class. It's suggested to take 400-800 mcg of folic acid starting three to four months before conception to decrease the risk of fetal malformations. There is a more than 50% reduction of many fetal malformations if the mother takes folic acid during the first two to three months. Taking folic acid has no effect on your fertility.


So there is a great reason to have not gotten a BFP until now. I've actually taken folic acid for the past four years, but I've taken it on a consistant basis for only the past four months. Yay for me.

No comments: