Friday, July 6, 2007

Optimism –noun 1. a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

I have hope.

I wasn't a complete mess after the last cycle, I know it may have come across as such, but I truly wasn't. Even before entering my first cycle, I told myself the chances of conception occurring on the first try were slim to none. While I stayed realistic, some disappointment hit me along with the hormones of AF making me downright pissy.

This month was going along quite swimmingly with my new thermometer and all, until Sunday night's fireworks display. It's been insanely cold here at night and was rather cool all day Sunday, the one day we had planned to be out in the weather. So, yeah, I'm sick. Which means my temps are all screwed up which means my chart is all screwed up.

Thank God for the power of OPKs. Yesterday's OPK was just a very faint second line that would have taken my doctor's 90D lens to view. This morning's test line was definitely there, but lighter than the control line.

However, this evening's test was the same as the control line. I plan to retest once more tonight before Husband gets home, hoping it will be positive. Thankfully, in spite of the sickness I'll be able to tell my approximate O date.

I feel, for some reason, very positive, very optimistic about this cycle.

Here goes nothing!

No comments: