Sunday, August 31, 2008

31 weeks, 3 days

A week of confessions:
  • I ate tuna fish. I have strictly avoided tuna fish since my pregnancy began and only had been eating it VERY sparingly while we were TTC. I know logically that you're allowed a certain amount of tuna fish, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and just avoid it all. However temptation overtook me this week and I had a 6 inch tuna sub on toasted wheat bread with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and ground black pepper. It was the best sandwich I've had in a long, long time. Oh, and based on the level of activity after I ate said sandwich, Baby A loves tuna too.
  • I ate soft cheese. Again, I've avoided it completely (even forsaking my beloved Fuji Apple Chicken Salad at Panera's) during my pregnancy. I've done absolutely everything I could to ensure I have a healthy pregnancy and have shunned all those "naughty" foods. But this week was a bad week and I couldn't resist the sound of the Third Street Salad when we ate at Max & Erma's Friday night. And let me tell you, it tastes even better than it sounds.
  • My nursery is still undone. Well, we have cleaned it out, we have purchased the paint, the crib, the mattress, the dresser, the bookcase, the gossamer and the chair rail, but it is still unassembled. I keep getting antsy about it and have to calm myself and remember that while eight weeks seems like such a short time, Husband and BIL can get the painting, chair rail and crib assembly done in a day. Probably also hanging the gossamer, cutting and hanging the wood valances in another day. And it will take me all of five minutes to put his bedding on and hang the curtains. So in one weekend we could probably have the nursery done. I just really wish this weekend had been the weekend.

2 comments:

Mandy @ The Lucky 7 said...

I'm sure it's a stressful time, but it will all come together! :) I can't wait to see nursery pics!

Me said...

Eh - my philosophy is that you try your best, but perfect just doesn't happen all the time! Remember, our parents didn't avoid any of the stuff, and we turned out okay! Actually, some tuna every week is fine, so I don't think you did anything wrong there. And soft cheeses aren't a problem - they tell you to avoid unpasteurized cheese (and often soft cheese is unpasteurized) BUT all cheese sold commercially in the US is required to be pasteurized, so again, no harm done! And, you didn't get sick from anything, so you are in the clear - no risk of any lasting harm (the risk is picking up bacteria from the food). As for the nursery . . . you'll get it done in plenty of time! - Tess