Thursday, May 22, 2008

17 weeks

Wow. I'm here.

This week did not go by without event. Event thanks to my clumsiness. I fell. Up the stairs. Yes, you read that right. Hey, anyone can fall DOWN the stairs, it takes a special talent to fall up the stairs. My knee and arm took the brunt of it, but I also did have some belly involvement so off to the ER we went. Thirty minutes later I found myself hooked up to the very interesting contraption known as the non stress monitor.

There were, thankfully, no contractions. And the baby was moving around like crazy with a nice, steady heart rate of 144.

So, basically, all is good. I feel weird saying that because part of me is waiting for something. It seems too good to be true (especially after the lovely comments made to me by my MIL), but it is real. And this baby will be here in about 4 1/2 months! Yay me :-)

Side note: In one week we have our next OB appointment. At that appointment we will be scheduled for our ultrasound. Our BIG ultrasound. Yay!

No comments: