Tuesday, November 4, 2008

40 weeks 5 days

Again, recording for posterity (and so I can accurately remember how this all went during my next pregnancy). Feel free to disregard anything I'm saying here :-)

Tonight has brought about a lot of pressure, cramping and some of that same sharp pain. It's also included further loss of the mucus plug (no doubt this time) just a little over 4 days since my bloody show.

I've been spending lots of time draped on my birthing ball and squatting to make sure the baby gets in the right position. Tomorrow morning I have another chiropractor appointment (I had one last night and one on Friday... trying to encourage the little guy to move on out) so perhaps a little adjustment from him will be the button that needs pushed.

I don't feel a ton of strong contractions, nothing really momentous from that end, but I am seeing signs of progress, so that's enough for me right now. I'm just trying to relax and get into a place of calmness and peace to let my body do what it needs to do.

Hopefully, I'll be holding my little boy soon and can just avoid any hint of drama that may arise at Friday's appointment.

1 comment:

Reiza said...

It sounds like you're definitely making progress. Oh, I hope he gets here soon. I wanna see him and I know full-well that you do more than anyone. Plus, I think you need a freaking break. :-)